The main aim of our curriculum is to enable young people to become successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens.
What is a successful learner within the context of The Centre School?
- A successful learner will participate in all opportunities offered to them and begin to understand that learning can happen in a wide variety of contexts.
- A successful learner will be able to transfer skills learned from one area of the curriculum to another. They will be able to use skills gained to help them progress.
- A successful learner will begin to understand that literacy and numeracy underpin their learning and they will take a keen interest in assessments, targets and progress.
- A successful learner will understand that progress and targets are individual and all efforts are valued and recognised no matter how small the steps towards identified goals seem to be.
- A successful learner will be motivated and take pride in their work.
Please click here to see our curriculum map: